Tuesday, March 13, 2018

4 Week Old Chicks


They are feather out nicely.  Some were not all that willing to have their pictures taken and some we have found are hams. I am not sure of the breeds just yet but have a few guesses as to what we have in the brooder. 








These could be Golden Laced Wyandotte or Gold Pencilled Hamburg





Dark Cornish or Gold Pencilled Hamburg or even a Golden Laced Wyandotte






I think these are Partridge Cochin




This one may be a Maran or a Campine or an Egyptian Fayoumis or a Dominique. Should be able to tell in a few more weeks. 



This one may be a Dorking



This is another that could be a Dorking. 



Could be a Maran or a Campine or an Egyptian Fayoumis or a Dominique




I am leaning towards another Partridge Cochin.



Not sure about this one just yet. 









These are either Cochins or Brahmas, Will have to wait until they feather out more.




Another one I am just not sure of and will have to wait a while longer.






This is a Bantam Cochin. 





This one appears to be a Cuckoo Maran or an Egyptian Fayoumis or a Dominique
. I purposely took two pictures of this one to make sure I got a good look at the Markings.



This one has me stumped. I do know it is a Bantam. Of the breeds I have found listed on McMurray's site I think it is most likely one of these:

Black Tail Buff Japanese Bantam
or 
Ameraucana Bantam


I really am loving this batch or chicks. It is fun and entertaining to see them grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment